Looking for the inside scoop on how to get the most for your home? Here’s our advice on how to do just that.
Use the best team
Who you chose as an agent can make all the difference in the world. You need someone you can trust to give you advice along with way.
- Which upgrades or repairs to do to maximize value
- Get your home professionally staged
- Get professional photography and video
- Set the right price- don’t be too greedy. Trust your agent’s direction.
- Advertise the heck out of it! Remember, marketing takes skill and money!
Other things you can control
- Keep the house clean and free of extra “stuff”
- Keep yard mowed and landscaping looking fresh
- Put dog bowls and other pet items away during showings and make sure it doesn’t smell like dog
- Turn on lights and keep blinds and drapes open for showings
- Soft music playing and a light fresh scent in a plug in freshener or aromatherapy adds to ambience
- Pretend you don’t live there- no seriously, it needs to look like a model home if you are trying to get the most for it. It’s a pain, but make the beds, clean dishes, keep rooms tidy. This is why you’ll want us to get you sold quickly!
- Don’t smoke in your home….ever.
- Watch your social media posts. Your buyers may look you up before they make an offer. Don’t announce that you hate your home and can’t wait to get rid of it right before you list. Don’t broadcast all the repairs you just had done and don’t talk about how you hate your neighbor! Once you are under contract don’t announce that the poor guy that bought the house just paid too much!
- Be as flexible as possible with showing times
The agent you chose matters, a lot. Find out how long they’ve been in business, get their stats and their marketing plan. Do they have a marketing background and degree? Are they tech savvy? Your buyer is so they need to be as well.
Interested in talking to someone that wants to see you succeed? Contact us!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.